So the question I'm asked on a fairly frequent basis these days is, "How's Aaron?" And the answer truly is, "Good!" He's been there a little over two weeks now, and I am amazed at how well he's adapting and working his way around the city. He stepped off the plane in Tashkent late at night, knowing no one. He had prearranged though a tour company to have someone meet him at the airport and take him to a hotel, so that made me feel better! Since then, he's had some great meetings and gotten to know the city and his surroundings. People keep approaching him desiring to practice their English, so he's made several acquaintances and even some friends at the hotel he's been staying at. The food and water have been kind to him and he's managed to work his way through the chaos that entails purchasing a cell phone. So it really has been good, and yet if you would think about him, he's lonely and adjusting to a completely foreign culture. He's an amazing man (if I do say so myself!) and I'm thankful he's my husband. We are able to email when his internet is working and Skype a few times a week. The weirdest thing to get used to is not being able to pick up a phone and talk to him whenever I want. However, we are very thankful for technology and the ability to see him when we can. Titus keeps asking him where he is and we all want to crawl through the screen for a hug. It's been an adjustment, but we're doing well. Thanks to all who remember and love him from afar!
No comments:
Post a Comment