Thursday, November 22

Thanksgiving Day from Sara's side of the world

As you can imagine, I cried when I read Aaron's post (see below).  On the day he left, our last glimpse of him was behind the security glass at the airport.  I held up a note to him that said, "Too bad you aren't a jerk–then we wouldn't miss you already."  He laughed and then we all cried as the boys held their hands up to the glass and pressed them against Aaron's.  Really miss him today, but I'm thankful for it.  Makes me appreciate all the hard work we've put into our marriage and family these last 14 years...I miss him instead of being glad he's gone!  Another thing we're thankful for is Skype.  We talked for a couple hours this morning and took the edge off our "Miss You Meter." The rest of our day consisted of eating a delicious Thanksgiving feast complete with this amazing pumpkin pie, laughing with Neil and Anna, taking a hike through the woods, listening to Christmas music and going to bed early.  The boys and I are sick (what is it with us and holidays?) and we always sleep well at Aaron's parents house.  Dark and peaceful with dogs to cuddle with…er, to kick off the bed because they aren't supposed to be there…sorry Anna!  We are beyond thankful to have you in our lives and truly appreciate your encouragement and love throughout the years.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: